There were the braces the horrible evil demon possessed Orthotics, Yes they were definitely evil for every time they got near my beautiful Angelic little princess she turned into a possessed Screeching temperamental banshee.O it was OK At first the Dr. gave her his very best smile his funniest joke and the very best con job I've ever heard . The man was Good I'll given that.But his staying power was very short lived . It took less than a whole week for the Con job to wash off . By the end of the first week being home with those marvelous braces also known as AFO's my little princess had seen through the Con.Those evil pieces of plastic the Dr. had convinced Her Were Miraculous Tools Designed To lengthen her hamstrings , correct her gait, Create arches,And help support her body Had now been relegated to the status horrible evil things such as medicine and Worms.Yes my little princess was having none of this.In her most eloquent and lady like voice using all of her best diplomatic skills she laid out her best arguments backed by the Facts,naaaw I'm just Kidding she was kicking and screaming and Throwing the biggest Tantrum you have ever seen.She was screaming bloody murder like the hounds of the Baskervilles We're about to rip her to shreds.Wild elephants were about to Trample Her. A fleet of a swarming dragons breathing fire were descending upon her and the only thing that could Save her from A certain Flaming Death was A supersonic Scream That would shatter the decending hoard into a million Harmless smithereens.No Not really she Was just stubborn Strong willed And obstinate.
The children had nicknames When they were little.My son Now 25 was called toodles .Because that's what he did , he toodled. My first daughter and Princess number one Was called Boo Frog My second daughter And Princess number two was called Wiggle Pie.
Now Boo Frog was Mad on this glorious afternoon Because Wiggle Pie who was a year younger can put her shoes In 2.5 seconds and skip out the door.While Boo Frog Had to Struggle to put on socks and Orthotics and labor to her feet before making her way Down the wall to go outside.So being the sweet little Princess she was she was taking it out On a mother the queen,And Being a wise queen With a Patients Of a Saint and after about 45 minutes of this and getting no where being reasonable , she screamed at me for about the 8000 Time whyyyyyyyyyyyyy! In my Vast Wisdom I replied because Somebody has to wear Them and I'm the Mommy that's Why!
Now in My Vast wisdom Believing at this time that I was 100% in control and had Resolved this issue.I went to set up Upon my royal Queenly Throne To contemplate The deep matters Concerning the kingdom.OK OK I went to the Bathroom ! When I returned from my Queenly duties.That whole reality of me being in charge and having things under control became abundantly clear

I am sure I stood there looking very stupid with my mouth hanging open I blinked a couple of times just to make sure if I was seeing what I thought i was seeing, I finally came to the conclusion That I was Seeing what I Thought I was seeing . I finally just Burst out Laughing. After all I Did say someone Had to wear Them I didn't specifically Say she had to wear them.
When I asked her later why her doll was wearing Her braces she said very calmly you said someone had to wear them and i wasnt going to .
Ok then I may not know when to quit when i am ahead but i do know when i am licked
Princess 1 Queen 0

A very humorous post! The braces seem so small, how old was Boo Frog at the time?
ReplyDeletethey are very small, Boo Frog was about 5 and had been walking part time for a year then with a walker for about a year, there were hand rails in the house for her to hold onto and she had a toy push thing she used when there was no available wall. she has many pairs of braces now but i think she is an equal oppertunity hater , she hates them all equally.she is 15 now
ReplyDelete